01 Mar Pneumatic Actuators
Size: 214 in lbs-81,000 in lbs.
Temperature Range: -30℉~300℉
Pressure Rating: 40-150 psig
Body Materials: Hard Anodized/Powder Coated Aluminum, Nickel Infused Aluminum, 304SS, 316SS, Teflon Coated
To meet the customer requirements in flow control systems, Value Valve is constantly developing our products to be a superior product choice in sever applications. Value Valve created a new design for Rack and Pinion and Scotch Yoke Pneumatic Actuators by improving the materials as well as the mounting structure.
Value Valve is one of the few companies that has been certified with the Safety Integrity Level 3 according to IEC 61508-1 and ISO 9001 by TUV for the VF-9 series.
Why SELECT SIL-3 Valves/ Actuators?
SIL stands for Safety Integrity Level. A SIL is a measure of safety system performance, in terms of probability of failure on demand (PFD). . There are four discrete integrity levels associated with SIL: SIL 1, SIL 2, SIL 3, and SIL 4. The higher the SIL level, the higher the associated safety level, and the lower probability that a system will fail to perform properly. For the process industries, SIL 4 systems are so complex and costly that they are not economically beneficial to implement.
Selecting the appropriate SIL level must be done carefully. Costs can increase considerably to achieve higher SIL levels. Typically, in the process industry, companies accept a SIL 2 rating, but if you can obtain a Butterfly Valve or Automated Butterfly Valve Package with a complete Standard SIL-3 rating, utilizing our RP series actuator with little or no increase in cost, then that is the logical decision.
|Safety Integrity Level||Risk Reduction Factor||Probability of Failure on Demand|
|SIL 4||100,000 to 10,000||10-5 to 10-4|
|SIL 3||10,000 to 1,000||10-4 to 10-3|
|SIL 2||1,000 to 100||10-3 to 10-2|
|SIL 1||100 to 10||10-2 to 10-1|
You can see a SIL-2 valve/actuator is 10X more likely to fail than a SIL-3
- RPB features an excellent design for Butterfly valve applications. The RPB is a state-of-the- art design with high reliability, high cycle life, durability and ease (or no) maintenance
- The standard extruded Aluminum body (ASTM 6005) is hard anodized and polyester powder coated for maximum corrosion resistance. Optional features include Nickle Infused Aluminum for greater life in more demanding applications as well as all 304SS Body and Internals or 316SS Body and Internals for the most demanding applications.
Teflon coated bodies are also available for special applications
- The pinion is precision machined of Alloy Steel and then Nickle Plated for corrosion resistance. The SS versions utilize 304SS or 316SS pinions for Maximum corrosion resistance.
- Bottom Pad and Top Stem are standard ISO-5211/ Namur, unlike others with proprietary stem dimensions. This allows the end user to use other actuators should there be a preference or replacing a damaged actuator with anyone’s ISO-5211 actuator in an emergency.
- Large Delrin pads are used to stabilize the racks and provide extremely long life without lubrication and minimal friction
- O-rings seals are standard NBR but are available at minimal cost in Viton and provide bubble tight shutoff to 120 psig
- Dual balanced Racks are standard die cast aluminum then hard anodized for long service life to 2,000,000 cycles
- Travel stops on the RPB series are characterized for Butterfly Valves with a single travel stop allowing adjustment in the closed position while allowing extended travel stops to limit the opening or closing travel from 0-90 Degrees
- RPB Pneumatic Actuators come standard with top position indicator
- Cycle life up to 2,000,000 cycles