24 Apr Resilient Seated Butterfly Valve (RSBFV)
- Sizes: 1.5” -12.0” (40mm-1800mm)
- Temperature Range: -4F-400F (-20C – 204C)
- Pressure Rating: 87 psig, 150 psig, 230 psig, 250 psig
The Value Valve VF-7 Resilient seated butterfly valve provides Bi-Directional Bubble Tight Shutoff up to 50,000 cycles and has a standard pressure rating of 230 psig tested to 250 psig.
The VF-7 has an ISO-5211 stem and pad allowing the use of anyone’s ISO-5211 actuator. Most manufacturers use a ISO pad only and a special stem that DOES NOT fit a standard ISO-5211 actuator.
The Disc is investment cast and utilizes stiffening vanes to reduce pressure drop and increase allowable pressure. The Disc edge is Flat allowing the disc to slide thru the seat instead of pushing through the seat. Reduced diameter disc for lower pressures and resultant longer seat life are available for 87 psig shutoff.
The Shaft is pin-less in the flow stream and uses a splined connection internal to the disc, allowing a consistent large stem diameter throughout. Valves above 14” have a splined split shaft design.
3 Bearings are located above and below the seat for shaft stabilization. The bottom bearing is Bronze with option Stainless Steel bearing, the bearing above the seat is standard stainless steel. At the top of the pad is a Delrin thrust bearing and O-Rings
Many users in harsh conditions, use the optional Nylon 11 coated body, and in the cases of Salt Water a Nylon 11 coated 316 Stainless Steel disc, avoiding crevice corrosion.
The Stem Retainer has one of the best systems available. The stem is retained by a stainless steel pin, through the top of the shaft out of the flow stream, and rotates inside a slot machined in the top mounting pad. The stem being isolated from the media, is easily removed.
The Body of the VF-7 is standard CI wafer (except 8-12” which are Ductile Iron)
All Lug bodies are standard Ductile Iron.
All VF-7’s are available in a one-piece body cast in 304 Stainless Steel and 316 Stainless Steel.
All VF-7’s are ABS Type approved for Ship service
Many seats are available such as EPDM, White EPDM, Buna N, Viton, Viton for Steam, Silicone and Neoprene. The EPDM and Buna seats are FDA approved for Food service. The Series is approved for NSF-61 potable water service.
Operators include Top Trigger, Bottom Trigger 10 position or flip the notch plate over for infinite position. Iron Gears and Stainless Steel gears with or without chain wheel operators. All handles are lockable and gears are lockable with locking attachment.
- Body Styles: Wafer, Lug and Double Flanged
- Body Materials: Cast Iron, Ductile Iron, Nylon 11 Coated Cast Iron or Ductile Iron, Carbon Steel, 304 and 316SS
- Body Coating: Standard Two Part Polyester Epoxy, Optional Nylon 11
- Disc: Nylon 11 Coated Ductile Iron, 304SS, 316SS, Aluminum Bronze, Nylon 11 Coated 316SS
- Seats: EPDM(Food Grade), Buna N, Viton, White EPT(Food Grade), Hypalon, Silicone, Neoprene
- Bearings: Lower Stem Bronze or (opt)SS, Upper(above seat)SS, Top Delrin
- Stems: 410SS, 304SS, 316SS, 17-4 Ph SS
- Mounting:ISO-5211 Stem(small square) and Mounting Pad
- Drive: One Piece Shaft to 14”, Shaft Spline to Disc Attachment(VF7A),Split Shaft > 0” with Spline Drive(VF7A)
- Stem Retention: 1.5” thru 12.0” has Q Pin Slot in Top Pad which Retains SS Through Pin, 14.0” thru 48” and All Stainless Steel Valves have Removable Plate Retaining the SS Through Pin
- Working Pressures: 87 psig, 150 psig, 230 psig Bi-Directional Bubble Tight Shutoff.
- 5”-12.0” Lug Rated 200 psig Dead End Shutoff, 14.0” and Above Lug Rated 150 psig Dead End Shutoff, Test Reports Available
- Private Label Valves Available
- End Connections: 125/150 ANSI, Wafer, Lug, Flanged
- Wall Thickness: ASME B16.34, AWWA C504
- Mounting: ISO-5211(Fits all ISO-5211 Operators)
- Design: ISO-5208,AWWA C504,ASME B16.34
- Face to Face: API-609,ISO-5752, AWWA C504(54.0”-72.0”)
- Marking: MSS-SP-25
- EX Certificate: ATEX 94/9/EG Group II Category 2 GD
- ABS Certificate: ABS Steel Vessel Rules 1-1-7/7, 4-6-2/5
- Food Service
- Fire Control
- Flue Gas