01 Mar Limit Switches
A limit switch is characterized as an electromechanical device that combines an actuator mechanically linked with an electrical switch. Limit switches work as a control device powered by the motion of an object. In short, limit switches monitor the movement of other objects.
A mechanical limit switch offers high precision in regard to accuracy and repeatability. Contact sensors are used for detecting both the presence of and the position of objects in industrial operations.
Limit switch types generally fall into four categories: a whisker, a roller, a lever, or a plunger. They are configured as normally open, normally closed, or a combination of both. For some applications, limit switches have been replaced by proximity sensors.
When something makes contact with the limit switch lever (or plunger), this lever will move a pre-travel distance to the point where the contacts are activated. Over-travel is when the lever moves beyond the point.
Limit Switch Specifications
Because limit switches are dedicated to a very specific operation, each needs to be calibrated for the application. Review the following parameters to evaluate the compatibility of a limit switch for the application you have in mind.
- Enclosure Die-Cast Aluminum: O-ring sealed
- Optional 304 and 316 Stainless Steel construction
- Coating: Polyester Powder Coating (Std)
- O-rings Buna N(Standard) -25℃-85℃ (Std)
- Environment Type 4, 4X, IP67,
- Explosion Proof Cl 1 Zone 1, Ex d IIC T6 Gb
- Area Classification Nema 4, Nema 7
- Fasteners Stainless steel
- Shaft Stainless steel Namur
- Two ½” NPT
- Terminal Strip Contacts 8
- Operating Voltage: 120VAC, 12VDC, 24 VDC
- Mounting Bracket MB – 3.4: 30 x 80, 130 H:20, 30 (Stainless Steel)
- Temperature Rating -20℃-85℃
- Sensor: CROUZET Mechanical Switches Standard, Proximity Switches (Optional)
- Model No.: IP-67(N4), ALS-500M (Exp Proof)
Contact Us Today and Receive a Quote for Our Limit Switches
For industrial sensor needs in an application, some operations need a limit switch offering reliability and precision controls. Our limit switches aesthetically well-contained, coated with polyester powder, and environmentally resilient.
Not sure if a valve limit switch is suitable for your application? Need a specific mechanical limit switch for a specialized purpose? Contact us today for a customized quote.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.